Full program description
$149 each or $1013 for all
Earn a Microsoft Office certificate
Microsoft office software is used in jobs across nearly every industry due to its proven effectiveness at improving workplace communication and productivity. This means proficiency in Microsoft Office can give you a leg up in your job if it isn't already required for your position. Whether you want to learn this software to boost your career or for a personal project, this Microsoft Office certificate will help you become skilled in three of the most popular Microsoft software programs.
The certificate includes eight online courses covering beginner to advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint. You'll learn the essential skills needed to effectively use each of these tools. This ranges from formatting text in Word to filtering data in Excel to designing professional PowerPoint slides and more. You'll also learn how to integrate Word, Excel and PowerPoint to create robust reports using the strengths of each of these software programs.
The courses in the Microsoft Office Certificate include:
- Microsoft Word Part 1
- Microsoft Word Part 2
- Microsoft Word Part 3
- Microsoft Excel Part 1
- Microsoft Excel Part 2
- Microsoft PowerPoint Part 1
- Microsoft PowerPoint Part 2
- Integration using Microsoft
What you'll learn in these online Microsoft Courses
The courses in the Microsoft Office certificate cover the most useful features of Word, Excel and PowerPoint. You'll learn how to start projects, navigate the software and format your work in each program. The Excel courses also teach basic data analysis using tables, charts, functions and filtering. The integration course brings together information from all lessons and explains how to combine and leverage the strengths of all three softare tools.
In this certificate, you'll also learn how to:
- Apply cell styles in Excel to adjust the text format and verify data in your workbook.
- Change the theme of a PowerPoint presentation to find a color and style that fits with the presentation’s topic.
- Arrange objects on your PowerPoint slides to draw attention to the primary components of your presentation.
- Create lists of content in your Word documents using numbers or symbols and embed lists to better organize your content.
- Create conditional formatting rules in your Excel spreadsheet that treat specific data or data types differently.
- Leverage materials found online in Excel, Word and PowerPoint files to create robust reports.
- Use a template or pre-designed document from Microsoft Word or from an online resource to create a design that best suits your needs and saves you design time.
- Use hyperlinks to connect your Word document to relative websites and web page content.
Who this Microsoft Office certificate is for
This certificate is for anyone who wants to master the essentials of Microsoft Office. However, it’s best suited for people with little to no Microsoft Office experience. The certificate program assumes you have no prior knowledge of Word, Excel or PowerPoint and starts at the beginner level. Later courses will build on beginner knowledge and move into intermediate or advanced concepts. This means the certificate could also be beneficial for anyone who is looking for higher-level Microsoft Office skills but wants to review the basics first.
What you'll earn from the online Microsoft Office course bundle
By the end of the certificate, you’ll have intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint that can be used in your career and personal projects. You’ll also earn a professional certificate upon completion to showcase your new mastery of Microsoft Office tools.
Meet the instructors
Jennifer Chandler, PhD
Jennifer L. S. Chandler, Ph.D. teaches organizational leadership courses and researches organizational leadership practices among scientist and engineering teams who are tackling global sustainability challenges. She has also led projects, taught project management, trained project managers, and evaluated Project Management Programs for over 20 years working with international corporations, U. S. federal agencies, and U. S. national professional associations.
Brent Scholar, PhD
Dr. Brent Scholar is an Instructor in the Faculty of Leadership and Interdisciplinary Studies at ASU. He is an experienced higher education professional. He is also the principal of Scholar Consulting since 2009, providing international leadership consulting and training for both nonprofit and for profit organizations.
Dr. Mai P. Trinh
Dr. Mai P. Trinh joined Arizona State University as an Assistant Professor in the Faculty of Leadership and Interdisciplinary Studies in the College of Integrative Sciences and Arts in August 2016. She is an expert in leadership development, group dynamics, experiential learning, complex dynamic systems, and adaptability.