Full course description
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
ASU Continuing and Professional Education is an educational provider for the Project Management Institute.
What you'll learn:
The last phase in the project lifecycle is to formally close your project successfully. The Closing the Project course explores the various activities involved in the project management phase of closing the project. After the project work is completed and all the deliverables are accepted by the customer, the performing phase of the project is ended. The project then moves into the fourth and final phase of the project life cycle—closing the project.
Concepts in this course support the following Project Management Knowledge Areas of the PMI Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide):
- Project Integration Management
- Project Procurement Management
Module and Content:
Students will view a video that covers how to wrap up a project, evaluate it, and celebrate. They will also view a Capstone video and participate in a Capstone assessment.
- Determine project closing actions that might include making final payments and documenting lessons learned.
- Complete a post project evaluation where feedback and recommendations are solicited by the project manager from team members.
- Collect customer feedback to determine the level of customer satisfaction and future opportunities.
- Describe early project termination and the reasons it might be necessary.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.844.353.7856 with any questions.
Meet the instructor
Erica Buschatzke holds a Master of Public Health Practice. She earned her MPH studying the relationship between continuing education and health education. Today, she spends her days managing multiple projects for the Faculty of Leadership and Interdisciplinary Studies and specializes in multiple forms of Project Management.
PMP and PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.