Full course description
What you'll learn:
Human resource management involves a lot more than just hiring and firing employees. It’s an integral part of any business’s success and it requires a surprisingly diverse skill set to do it well. This is especially true nowadays, as organizational structures are ever more ambiguous and dynamic.
This course will give you a base knowledge of all fundamentals of successful human resource management. You’ll learn about employment laws, human resource challenges, training and rewarding, and more.
Note: This course is not facilitated by an instructor, therefore no one is monitoring activity in the course. If you have a question or need help as you progress, please refer to the help section within the course.
In this course, you will learn:
- How human resource management contributes to business success
- What key laws affect human resource management
- How organizations effectively recruit and hire employees
- What approaches to training, developing, and rewarding employees are effective
- What different HR management options for employee termination are
- What challenges face today’s HR managers
Who this course is designed for:
Anyone in business, especially those seeking career advancement, looking to gain a solid understanding of the key aspects of human resource management.
What you'll receive:
A Certificate of Completion
Meet the instructor
Mai P. Trinh, PhD
Dr. Mai P. Trinh joined Arizona State University as an Assistant Professor in the Faculty of Leadership and Interdisciplinary Studies in the College of Integrative Sciences and Arts in August 2016. She is an expert in leadership development, group dynamics, experiential learning, complex dynamic systems, and adaptability.