Full course description
Business Data Visualization:
The design of insightful business data visualizations and dashboards to improve business decision making. Applies advanced data visualization techniques to make sense of large data sets including temporal, geospatial, topical and business data while also making it easier to digest, present and utilize for business needs and users.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of data visualization principles and techniques
- Demonstrate competence in the use of modern data visualization software
- Illustrate important business concepts through the use of data visualization
- Evaluate relevant factors used to determine the most effective visualization for displaying quantitative data
- Create dashboards and other data visualization artifacts designed to aid business decisions
This course includes two self-paced workshops:
- Statistics Refresher
- Basic Python Programming for Business Analytics
Unfortunately, federal financial aid is not available for certificate or professional development programs.
Meet the instructor
Tamuchin McCreless, Clinical Assistant Professor of Information Systems
Tamuchin McCreless is a clinical assistant professor in the Department of Information Systems in the W.P. Carey School of Business for ASU. He joined ASU as a faculty member in 2018 and also received his Ph.D. from ASU in 2012. He has spent a decade working in the healthcare industry as an analyst and consultant. Tam has published research in the Communications of the Association for Information Systems and in several conferences, and has contributed to medical studies in diabetes which rely on the use of historical patient data.