Empower Postsecondary Planning: Online Training for Supportive Adults of Foster Youth is a Course
Empower Postsecondary Planning: Online Training for Supportive Adults of Foster Youth
Sorry! The enrollment period is currently closed. Please check back soon.
Full course description
Who this course is designed for:
Any adult in a supportive relationship with a youth who experienced foster care: foster parents, relatives, teachers, caseworkers, counselors, mentors, court-appointed special advocates (CASA's) or anyone else.
What you'll learn:
Supportive adults will understand and be able to apply skills, concepts, and activities that promote future thinking and educational planning in youth who experienced foster care. They will learn to use information, tools and resources that engage youth in taking the steps to apply for postsecondary education, access financial aid, and complete the enrollment process.
What you'll do:
- Supporting Bright Educational Futures for Foster Youth
- Understanding Adolescent Development, Trauma and Resilience
- One Meaningful Conversation Can Change A Life
- Personal Development and the Path(s) to College
- How to Become a Powerful Mentor in the College Application Process
- "Congratulations! You're Accepted"...Now what?