Full course description
What you'll learn:
Adults over 65 are the fastest growing segment of the US population. Family caregivers are essential to care for these older adults. Many of the Family Caregivers are themselves, older adults.
The Empowering Potential for Caregivers series addresses the needs of the growing and diverse population of Family Caregivers. Modules focus on interprofessional training of faculty and health professional trainees within academic training settings. Emphasize is on cultural competency and engagement, and the recruitment and support of minority healthcare providers.
Presentation 1: Empowering Potential: Caregiver Self-Care
Duration: 35 minutes
- Outline areas to consider when empowering self-care for healthy aging for the older adult Family Caregiver.
- Provide practical tips and resources to help empower older adult Family Caregiver self-care.
Presentation 2: Empowering Potential: A Strengths-Based Perspective for Caregiver Self-Care
Duration: 25 minutes
- Define approaches to empowering Family Caregiver self-care focused on promoting strengths, abilities, and resources.
- Foster dialog regarding strengths-based approaches to empowering self-care among Family Caregivers.
Presentation 3: Empowering Potential: Engaging Family Caregivers for Self-Care
Duration: 15 minutes
- Explore communication styles that foster engagement when interacting with Caregivers.
- Discuss communication techniques that foster Caregiver self-care.
Who is this course designed for:
Patients, caregivers, and their families
Funding for the development of this series was supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number U1QHP28721, Arizona Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement Program. © 2017
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I forward the presentations to family members, clients/patients, or others in my professional network?
Please do! Please refer others to our main registration page.
Can I view the presentations more than once?
Of course! Presentations can be reviewed as many times as you like.
Is it best to experience the presentations in a set order?
Presentations can be reviewed in any order you wish.