Full course description
Payment Options Available:
- Customized Payment Plans & Group Pricing are Available
- Scholarships are available for US military members (active or discharged) and women in engineering/construction
- Contact FM-ED@asu.edu for further information about payment plans and scholarship eligibility
What the Facility Management Professional (FMP) Prep Course Includes:
The Facility Management Professional (FMP) Credential program is an industry respected certification program that provides individuals with a foundation in the field of Facilities Management (FM). The FMP was developed by the International Facility Management Association (IFMA) as an assessment-based certification. For those seeking to establish themselves in the FM field, the FMP provides the opportunity to learn essential skills and competencies, as well as earn professional credibility and recognition.
The following online tools and materials will be provided to help participants throughout the Program:
- Instructor-led videos for every Chapter and Topic
- Each video captures advanced FM knowledge and expertise from our industry expert, Patrick Okamura, from his 32 + years of experience as an FM. Patrick combines his practical know-how with IFMA’s key principles from their FMP manuals in order to prepare you to pass your FMP final assessments. His wisdom and insights will give you a deeper understanding and practical examples to draw from.
- From important terms to critical figures and tables, each manual has been highlighted to direct you to the critical concepts contained in each chapter in order to prepare you to excel in your FMP final assessments.
- Targeted study guides will be provided to allow you to test your knowledge before taking your FMP final assessments.
- Specific quizzes are also available to ensure you have a good understanding of the key concepts and give you practice prior to taking your FMP final assessments.
- Our “ask an expert” feature will be available for you to submit your questions and get immediate feedback and guidance from real FMs and industry professionals.
- Over 1 hour of videos are provided to support and help you to be successful in using the technologies and software to take these courses.
Modules and Content:
The content and materials follow IFMA’s FMP Credential Program materials, covering the 4 main knowledge domains:
- Operations + Maintenance
- Project Management
- Finance + Business Essentials
- Leadership/Strategy Essentials
- Identify the duties of a facility manager, common deficiencies in building structures and systems, facility operations.
- Understand security, health, and safety considerations; recognize types of services and guidelines.
- Apply principles for measuring competency, conflict negotiation, and how to influence decisions.
- Implement strategic planning that excels through best practices.
- Create and execute a project management plan including project scope, schedule, cost, quality, teams, communications, risks, and project changes.
Who is this program designed for:
This course was designed to prepare new and experienced professionals to take the IFMA’s Facilities Management Professional (FMP) Credential Exam. The course and materials are provided by IFMA FMP Certified Instructors/Professionals. Straightforward videos are balanced with practical examples that prepare professionals to take the FMP Final Assessment to earn the FMP Credential.
Meet the instructor
Kenneth Sullivan, PhD, MBA
Dr. Kenneth Sullivan is an associate professor in the School of Sustainable Engineering and the Built Environment at Arizona State University. He specializes in performance measurement, risk management, best value contracting, organizational transformation, and accountability systems. His research processes have generated over $6 Million in research funding and have been implemented in IT, business services, and construction projects valued at over $3 Billion. In addition to all types of design and construction delivery, he has led project efforts in networking systems, software, campus dining, sports media rights, radio systems, furniture, health insurance, document management, and others. Prof. Sullivan possesses a Bachelor of Science and a Master of Science degree in Civil and Environmental Engineering, an MBA in Real Estate and Urban Economics, and a PhD in Civil and Environmental Engineering, all from the University of Wisconsin – Madison. He has authored over 120 peer reviewed publications and recently won the 2012 ASCE journal of Leadership and Management in Engineering Best Article Award. He has also created a Masters Degree program in Facility Asset and Project Management, is the secretary of research of the international CIB Working Commission in performance measurement, and is the Graduate Program Chair for his department. Dr. Sullivan has won the 2008, 2009, and 2012 Teaching Award for the Ira A. Fulton School of Engineering at ASU and the 2013 IFMA Educator of the Year Award.