Facility Management Certificate
Sorry! The enrollment period is currently closed. Please check back soon.
Full course description
Enroll now through https://pdt.engineering.asu.edu/enroll/
Payment Options Available:
- Customized Payment Plans & Group Pricing are Available
- Scholarships are available for US military members (active or discharged) and women in engineering/construction
- Contact FM-ED@asu.edu for further information about payment plans and scholarship eligibility
What the Facility Management Certificate Includes:
The Facility Management (FM) Certificate provides an in-depth, structured program that focuses on the application of best practices for a high-performance, sophisticated FM organization. The FM Certificate takes a project-focused, real world approach that adds immediate value and allows participants to earn their certificate as they work. For those seeking to advance their career and their organization, the FM Certificate offers the structure to learn from IFMA Certified Instructors with 85+ years of combined experience and earn a certification from a world-class university.
The following online tools and materials will be provided to help participants throughout the Program:
- Instructor-led videos for every Chapter and Topic
- Each video captures advanced FM knowledge and expertise from IFMA Certified Instructors. These topics include everything from building systems, maintenance planning and scheduling, leadership strategies, financial planning and management of FM organizations, real estate strategies for FM, project management delivery and methods, energy management, organizational change management, technology for FMs and quality improvement for organizations.
- The certificate provides participants with structured projects that help develop a portfolio of working tools and experience with applying best practices to their organization.
- We provide a comprehensive packet that includes all of the best handbooks that FM’s should have on their bookshelf, including the Facility Manager’s Maintenance Handbook, the Energy Management Handbook, the Facility Manager’s Guide to Information Technology and many more.
- Our mentors work regularly with participants to align the program content to their day to day operations, work collaboratively and get immediate answers to their questions.
- Our “ask an expert” feature will be available for you to submit your questions and get immediate feedback and guidance from real FMs and industry professionals.
- Over 1 hour of videos are provided to support and help you to be successful in using the technologies and software to take these courses
Modules and Content:
The content and materials of the FM Certificate program focus on the following knowledge areas:
- Operations + Maintenance
- Leadership and Strategy
- Facilities Project Management
- Emergency Preparedness
- Real Estate and Property Management
- Sustainability and Energy Management
- Quality Improvement for Organizations
- Finance and Business
- Organizational Change Management
After taking this course, participants will have an understanding of the following:
- Building Systems
- Maintenance Strategies, Planning and Scheduling
- Predictive and Preventative Maintenance
- Optimal outsourcing methods including procurement and performance management of vendors
- FM Technology Integration & Security
- Energy Management
- Building Controls and Automations
- Leadership, Management & Strategic Thinking
- Leadership, Management and Strategic Thinking
- Identification, Prioritization, and Minimization of Risk
- Understanding and Continuously Measuring Value
- Change Management
- Aligning Resources
- Using Best Practices
- Project Management Techniques and Applications
- Life Cycle Cost Analysis
- Evaluating Real Estate Condition
- Property Acquisition, Leasing and Disposition
- Real Estate Planning and Space Utilization
- Property Management
- Planning, Management and Support of an Emergency Preparedness Program/ Plan
- Health and Safety
Who is this program designed for:
This course was designed for working professionals or those looking to enter the Facility Management profession, who are looking for an in-depth understanding of Facilities Management and professional recognition from a world-class university, without the time or financial limitations of a traditional degree program.
Meet the instructor
Kenneth Sullivan, PhD, MBA
Dr. Kenneth Sullivan is an associate professor in the School of Sustainable Engineering and the Built Environment at Arizona State University. He specializes in performance measurement, risk management, best value contracting, organizational transformation, and accountability systems. His research processes have generated over $6 Million in research funding and have been implemented in IT, business services, and construction projects valued at over $3 Billion. In addition to all types of design and construction delivery, he has led project efforts in networking systems, software, campus dining, sports media rights, radio systems, furniture, health insurance, document management, and others. Prof. Sullivan possesses a Bachelor of Science and a Master of Science degree in Civil and Environmental Engineering, an MBA in Real Estate and Urban Economics, and a PhD in Civil and Environmental Engineering, all from the University of Wisconsin – Madison. He has authored over 120 peer reviewed publications and recently won the 2012 ASCE journal of Leadership and Management in Engineering Best Article Award. He has also created a Masters Degree program in Facility Asset and Project Management, is the secretary of research of the international CIB Working Commission in performance measurement, and is the Graduate Program Chair for his department. Dr. Sullivan has won the 2008, 2009, and 2012 Teaching Award for the Ira A. Fulton School of Engineering at ASU and the 2013 IFMA Educator of the Year Award.