Full course description
Use ASURITE email address when registering and creating your account.
Introduction to Software Engineering:
This exam will cover software life cycle models; project management, development environments and methodologies; software architectures; quality assurance and standards; legal, ethical issues.
This deficiency exam will cover the following course objectives:
- Apply basic software engineering techniques and approaches covering requirement, design, coding, testing, and maintenance within a process model
- Demonstrate an awareness of national and international standards
- Demonstrate an ability to follow code of ethics
- Develop software following disciplined engineering processes
- Develop software systems individually and in team settings
- Develop plan and track software development activities
- Develop software artifacts using current software engineering tools
- Conduct software quality assurance
- Document and evaluate software product artifacts and team activities
Who this deficiency exam designed for:
Students who are admitted with deficiencies to graduate programs in Software Engineering in the School of Computing and Augmented Intelligence (SCAI) at Arizona State University or students who are interested in becoming eligible to apply for this program. Students may also complete this deficiency exam if they have general interest in the topic area or who are looking for a refresher on software engineering topics.
What you'll receive:
If you are planning to apply for the Master of Science in Software Engineering program, please upload the certificate of completion in the prerequisite section of the application. If you are currently enrolled in the Master of Science in Software Engineering program, you will need to submit the Deficiency waiver form and upload your certificate here: https://forms.gle/AW11qXka1QVwaPoMA