Full course description
ASU Continuing and Professional Education is an educational provider for the Project Management Institute.
*This course requires a Boeing voucher. Before enrolling, please email your voucher to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What you'll learn:
The most important part of successfully completing projects, relies not only on procedures and techniques, but on the people involved in the project. The Project Manager course focuses on one very important person and the roles and responsibilities of that person: the project manager. The project manager is the one person that’s critical to accomplishing the project objective, and the procedures and techniques are merely tools that help project managers perform their duties.
Concepts in this course support the following Project Management Knowledge Areas of the PMI Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide):
- Project Integration Management
- Project Resource Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
Module and Content:
Students will have an opportunity to view a video that focuses on the ‘daily project manager’. They will also watch a Capstone video featuring a real-word situation and take an assessment.
- Identify project manager responsibilities, both in terms of leadership and coordination.
- Determine project manager skills including leadership, communication, and stress and time management.
- Practice effective delegation by developing the skills of team members and supporting additional training.
- Describe change management, so that changes can be managed and controlled effectively.
Please contact email@example.com or call 1.844.353.7856 with any questions.
Meet the instructor
Erica Buschatzke holds a Master of Public Health Practice. She earned her MPH studying the relationship between continuing education and health education. Today, she spends her days managing multiple projects for the Faculty of Leadership and Interdisciplinary Studies and specializes in multiple forms of Project Management.