Full course description
ASU Continuing and Professional Education is an educational provider for the Project Management Institute.
*This course requires a Boeing voucher. Before enrolling, please email your voucher to email@example.com.
What you'll learn:
Effective communication is key in all aspects of the project lifecycle. The Project Communication and Documentation course dives deep into the various types of effective communication used during a project. Communication takes place between the project team and the customer or sponsor, between the project team members, and also between the project team and its organization’s upper management. Communication may involve two people or a group of people. It’s a critical skill that must be continuously developed by all team members.
Concepts in this course support the following Project Management Knowledge Areas of the PMI Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide):
- Project Communications Management
- Project Integration Management
- Project Resource Management
Module and Content:
Students will view a video that outlines how to run effective team meetings. They will also watch a Capstone video and take an assessment to check their understanding of the concepts.
- Facilitate effective project meetings, with priority placed on communicating effectively and in a timely manner.
- Prepare project presentations and reports, giving special attention to the audience’s interests.
- Prepare a project communication plan that defines how documents will be distributed, how often, and who will do so.
- Identify collaborative tools to facilitate communication among team members, especially when time and travel constraints might affect a project.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.844.353.7856 with any questions.
Meet the instructor
Matthew Rodgers is an Instructor for Leadership and Interdisciplinary Studies at Arizona State University. His academic interests are varied and include South American literature, contemporary film studies, postmodernism, organizational studies and leadership, and design.
In his free time he enjoys building websites, Jack Russell Terriers, and creating engaging learning environments. He also likes talking to students. Reach out to him anytime via @profrodgers on Twitter.