Full course description
ASU Continuing and Professional Education is an educational provider for the Project Management Institute.
*This course requires a Boeing voucher. Before enrolling, please send your voucher to email@example.com
What you'll learn:
When you have a number of interesting and challenging projects to choose from as a PMP, it can be difficult to select the right project for your team. The Identifying and Selecting Projects course covers the first initial phase of the project lifecycle. In this course, you’ll explore an organizational case that will introduce you to the problems and activities often encountered in the workplace, in order to help you better identify and select projects.
Concepts in this course support the following Project Management Knowledge Areas of the PMI Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide):
- Project Integration Management
- Project Procurement Management
Module and Content:
Students will view a video that details how to prepare a project charter. They will also have an opportunity to assess what they’ve learned about identifying and selecting projects after viewing a Capstone video that summarizes these concepts.
- Identify projects, for example, during an organization’s strategic planning or in response to unexpected events.
- Select projects through a well-defined process that includes data-gathering and evaluation of that data.
- Prepare a project charter for approval by a sponsor or budget committee.
- Prepare a request for proposal so that a vendor or contractor can be selected to assist with the project that’s been identified.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.844.353.7856 with any questions.
Meet the instructor
Denise Bates, PhD
Denise E. Bates holds a Master’s Certification in Project Management and is Assistant Professor of Leadership and Interdisciplinary Studies at Arizona State University. She studies leadership in Indigenous communities, with a particular emphasis on inter-generational mentorship, project implementation and community development.