Managing Risk - Course 7
Sorry! The enrollment period is currently closed. Please check back soon.
Full course description
ASU Continuing and Professional Education is an educational provider for the Project Management Institute.
This course requires a Boeing voucher. Before enrolling, please email your voucher to email@example.com.
What you'll learn:
Many projects face a degree of uncertainty, and great project managers know how to manage risk in order to keep the project on track to meet its goal. In the Managing Risk course, you’ll discover that the risk management process involves identifying, assessing, and responding to project risks, in order to minimize the likelihood of occurrence and/or potential impact of adverse events on the accomplishment of the project objective. The risk management process is an inherent part of every project, and should be strategized to avoid any setbacks.
Concepts in this course support the following Project Management Knowledge Areas of the PMI Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide):
- Project Risk Management
Module and Content:
Throughout the course, students will apply what they are learning to problems and activities presented in a real-world case, culminating in a Capstone video and assessment. Students will also view a video that focuses on how to plot and manage project risks.
* If students would like to complete the steps as outlined in the tutorials, they will need Microsoft Project 2016 and the accompanying file(s) from the course to practice the processes shown in the videos.
- Learning the basics of the risk management process.
- Identify risk, particularly in terms of a project.
- Assess risk, in respects to the likelihood of a given risk and its potential impact on the success of a project.
- Plan risk responses to reduce or prevent risks to a project.
- Monitor risks--whether they were originally identified in the project plan or arose unexpectedly.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.844.353.7856 with any questions.
Meet the instructor
Jennifer Chandler, Ph.D.
Jennifer L. S. Chandler, Ph.D. is a Lecturer at Arizona State University who teaches in the Organizational Leadership Program in the College of Integrative Sciences and Arts. Before joining ASU, she led projects, taught project management, trained project managers, and evaluated Project Management Programs for over 20 years working with international corporations, federal agencies, and national professional associations. She currently researches leadership practices among scientist and engineering teams who tackle global sustainability challenges.