Fundamentals of Healthcare for Veterans
Sorry! The enrollment period is currently closed. Please check back soon.
Full course description
What you'll learn:
Learners will implement a change in practice to apply new knowledge related to: military culture, branches of service, typical enlistment experience, trauma and PTSD, readjustment and reintegration issues, Veteran benefit and health care system political and economic factors affecting Veteran's healthcare, and caring for the special mental health and medical needs of Veterans.
What you'll do:
Format allows for self-paced learning with a combination of teaching/learning methods including textbook readings, internet review assignments, interactive engagement and testing assessments.
- Module 1: The Veteran's Experience - Military Culture
- Module 2: The Veteran's Experience - Veteran Benefits and Services
- Module 3: The Veteran's Experience - Trauma-Related Diagnoses
- Module 4: The Veteran's Experience - Trauma-Related Treatments
- Module 5: The Veteran's Experience - Service-Related Conditions
- Module 6: The Veteran's Experience - Special Populations
- Module 7: The Veteran's Experience - Telehealth
- Module 8: The Veteran's Experience - Political and Economic Factors Affecting Veteran Healthcare
Who this course is designed for:
Community medical and mental health care providers.
What you'll receive:
This program will provide the community medical and mental health care provider the knowledge and skills to understand and assist the Veteran and Military family navigate the health care and benefit systems.