Full course description
What you'll learn:
Participants who complete this module will:
- Develop their understanding of the first unit they will facilitate in their role as a Lab Facilitator by preparing a quick-reference guide for their first unit.
- Draft a vision statement capturing the kind of classroom culture they intend to build.
- Set up their learning space in a way that facilitates student engagement and learning.
- Take concrete steps toward building a strong, collaborative relationship with their collaborating teacher.
- Take concrete steps toward building strong, positive relationships with students and families.
- Communicate clear expectations to students.
- Plan, teach, and reinforce clear, consistent procedures.
- Leverage resources to support student learning.
What you'll do:
This course comprises two modules:
- Getting Ready to Become a Lab Facilitator
- Effective Lab Facilitation
As the titles suggest, the first module addresses what you should believe, know, and be able to do before beginning your role as a Lab Facilitator. The second module addresses what you should believe, know, and be able to do as you begin engaging with students.
Who this course is designed for:This course is designed for individuals who intend to enter or have recently entered the role of Lab Facilitator in their schools.
What you'll receive:
Participants who complete the full training, including the associated assessments, will receive a certificate of completion for eight professional development hours.
Meet the instructor
Blended Learning Specialist
As an experienced Blended Learning Specialist, Stephanie Bulgrin has worked with teachers, schools, and districts throughout Arizona and across the country at various stages of implementation of blended and digital learning. Stephanie joined the ASU Prep Digital team in late 2017 after nearly 7 years working at the Arizona Department of Education, where she served as a specialist for both K-12 education and adult education. Throughout her career, her focus has remained steady: How can we innovate and transform educational environments and experiences to increase student engagement, learning, and outcomes?