Full course description
What you'll learn:
Learners will be develop their skills of planning for project risk management.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the components of a project risk management plan
- Describe the resources required to implement a project risk management plan
What you'll do:
View lecture videos, annotate accompanying book chapters, complete activities and submit the final quiz.
Who this course is designed for:
Anyone interested in learning about Project Risk Management.
Perusall access to the following:
- A guide to the project management body of knowledge (PMBOK guide). (6th ed.). (2018). Project Management Institute
- Xiong, W., Zhao, X., Yuan, J., Luo, S. (2017). Ex post risk management in public-private partnership infrastructure projects. Journal of Project Management, 48(3), pp. 76-89.
- de Carvalho, M. & Rabechini, R. Junior (2015). Impact of risk management on project performance: The importance of soft skills. International Journal of Production Research, 53(2), pp. 321-340, DOI: 10.1080/00207543.2014.919423.
Meet the instructor
Matthew Rodgers - Instructor
Matthew Rodgers is an Instructor for Leadership and Interdisciplinary Studies at Arizona State University. His academic interests are varied and include South American literature, contemporary film studies, postmodernism, organizational studies and leadership, and design. In his free time, he enjoys building websites, Jack Russell Terriers, and creating engaging learning environments. He also likes talking to students. Reach out to him anytime via @profrodgers on Twitter.
Jennifer Chandler - Senior Lecturer
Jennifer L. S. Chandler, Ph.D. is a Lecturer at Arizona State University who teaches in the Organizational Leadership Program in the College of Integrative Sciences and Arts. Before joining ASU, she led projects, taught project management, trained project managers, and evaluated Project Management Programs for over 20 years working with international corporations, federal agencies, and national professional associations. She currently researches leadership practices among scientists and engineering teams who tackle global sustainability challenges.