Sorry! The enrollment period is currently closed. Please check back soon.
Full course description
What you'll learn:
Learners will begin to understand the cost control processes in projects.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Explain the process of cost control
- Explain how scope creep affects the cost baseline
- Identify the tools and techniques for establishing the cost baseline
- Explain the importance of documenting assumptions and constraints while allocating the budget
What you'll do:
View lecture videos, annotate accompanying book chapters and submit the final quiz.
Who this course is designed for:
Anyone interested in learning about Project Cost Management
Required Materials - Perusall access to
- Venkataraman, R. and Pinto, J. (2008) Cost and Value Management in Projects, 1e, Wiley (ISBN 9781118174180)
Meet the instructor
L. Terken Gupur - Instructor
Terken Gupur is a full-time instructor at the Faculty of Leadership and Integrative Studies at ASU She holds a bachelor's degree in Management and a master's in International Relations. She is working towards her doctorate in Planning, Governance, and Globalization at Virginia Tech. Prior to teaching at ASU, she worked as a researcher at a think tank in Turkey, as a legislative fellow at the House of Representatives in D.C., as a director of global water and energy consulting firm, and as a communications and policy director at an intercultural NGO.