Full course description
What you'll learn:
Why do businesses stress teamwork and communication? We think of ourselves as individuals, each hired or chosen for our individual expertise, talents, and experience, and yet we are often asked to work with others on assignments and projects. Why? Because we are capable of so much more when we work together.
In this course you will learn about teams, why businesses use them, why they succeed, and why they fail. As part of our examination of teamwork, we’ll also look at the critical role communication plays in helping businesses achieve their goals and objectives, and also some of the challenges they face in using electronic communication.
Note: This course is not facilitated by an instructor, therefore no one is monitoring activity in the course. If you have a question or need help as you progress, please refer to the help section within the course.
In this course, you will learn:
- The difference between groups and teams
- The different types of teams
- The stages of team development
- Factors contributing to team success
- Why effective communication is important, as well as common barriers to effective communication
- Communication channels, flows, and network within an organization
- Common risks and ethical issues associated with electronic communication in business
Who this course is designed for:
Anyone who wants to explore why teamwork is vital in achieving business goals and objectives.
What you'll receive:
A Certificate of Completion
Meet the instructor
Dr. Mai P. Trinh
Dr. Mai P. Trinh joined Arizona State University as an Assistant Professor in the Faculty of Leadership and Interdisciplinary Studies in the College of Integrative Sciences and Arts in August 2016. She is an expert in leadership development, group dynamics, experiential learning, complex dynamic systems, and adaptability.