Full course description
*If you're an ASU alumni, please register through the Alumni Catalog
What you'll learn:
Ah, the First Amendment! — front and center of the culture wars.This dynamically illustrated course charts the history of not just our right to speak, butour right to believe. It shows how the First Amendment's speech and religion clauses connect. From the Persians to the Greeks. Hebrews, Romans, and Puritans (to name a few), not only has our rights of speech and creed grow but the concept of freedom as well.
- What did the framers believe and say?
- Press and journalism at the founding
- Are we a “Christian Nation"?
- Is God in the Constitution?
- The Common Law and Christianity
- What is that “wall" between church and state?
- Symbols of Religion and Speech
- Speech in War
- The market place of ideas
Who is this course designed for:
Attorneys, Practioners, and the Public
What you'll receive:
The State Bar of Arizona does not approve or accredit CLE activities for the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education requirement. This activity may qualify for up to 1.25 hours toward your annual CLE requirement for the State Bar of Arizona, including 0 hour(s) of professional responsibility.