Full course description
What you'll learn:
Students will gain an introduction to critical infrastructure information and operational technology, protocols, controls, and hardware. Students will also understand the role of cybersecurity in industrial control systems.
- Describe basic cybersecurity concepts and background
- Distinguish cybersecurity concepts in non-traditional information technology (IT) fields (such as critical infrastructure in the energy sector)
- Recall well-known network ports and protocols
- Categorize cryptographic and hashing algorithms
- Examine package capture data using Wireshark
- Recall basic industrial control system (ICS) concepts and examples
- Generate a truth table for a given ladder logic configuration
- Create a basic controller using ladder logic
- Examine Modbus package capture data using Wireshark
- Conduct an attack using Metasploit
What you'll do:
Students will engage with subject matter experts from the Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) and complete simulated and hands-on labs related to concepts learned in lectures.
Who this course is designed for:
This course is reserved for ASU ROTC or military-affiliated students in STEM majors with good academic standing.