Design and Arts Corps: Community Engaged Practices in Arts and Design
Sorry! The enrollment period is currently closed. Please check back soon.
Full course description
What you'll learn:
In the DAC modules you will learn the basics of self care, ethics, democracy, equitable communication, process, product, and participatory publics, values clarification, being a guest and a host, and most importantly, what are community engaged practices in the context of your life, work, and community relationships?
- To begin to prepare to ethically and responsibly engage in community engaged work
- To present a realistic picture of the complexities of being a community-based practitioner
- To develop critical analysis and problem-solving skills
- To foster personal reflection and value explorationTo cultivate and clarify one's personal creative practice
- To train in and practice solidarity-based techniques for engaging community partners
- To help people examine their own belief system about the role of the arts and design in contemporary society
What you'll do:
Choose one or both of the Foundation or Benchmark modules
- Foundation Modules: self-care, ethics, democracy, equitable communication, process, product, and participatory publics
- Benchmark Modules: values clarification, being a guest and a host
Who this course is designed for:
These modules were designed with artists and designers in mind, but adapt to anyone who has an interest in working in partnership and in community-engaged contexts.
What you'll receive:
A digital badge that you can share on social media, on a web site, or in a myriad of other ways!