Full course description
What you'll learn:
- To identify and analyze historical approaches to language learning and teaching.
- To identify foundational principles of lesson design.
- To apply various principles of language learning and teaching to lesson design.
What you'll do:
- Watch creative videos that vividly illustrate the historical and theoretical underpinnings of how people learn second or foreign languages and principles of lesson design.
- Receive practical instruction on teaching specific language skills.
- Put theory into practice by creating your own lesson plans, developing your own teaching philosophy and creating video demonstration lessons
Who this course is designed for:
This course is for anyone with an interest in teaching English as a second or foreign language in a variety on contexts, with a focus on college-aged and adult learners. This course is especially beneficial for those with little background in TEFL
What you'll receive:
Learners will receive an ASU certificate for successful completion of the course. This certificate will be useful when applying for jobs in the TEFL profession.