Full course description
What you'll learn:
- To summarize and paraphrase in text
- To conduct research and cite academic sources
- To construct arguments and present evidence
- To organize cause and effect, problem-solution, and comparison-contrast arguments
- To uphold the standards of university academic integrity policies
- To comprehend academic lectures and texts
- To present and write in standard academic formats
What you'll do:
- Write papers of cause/effect, compare/contrast, process, and problem/solution.
- Make academic presentations.
- Summarize, paraphrase, and synthesize information from academic sources.
- Use proper citations in writing and presentations.
- Read interesting academic texts and listen to academic lectures.
- Improve vocabulary for academic courses.
Who is this course designed for:
Advanced English-language learners who can communicate fluently with native English speakers
What you'll receive:
Students will receive proof of English proficiency for admission to any of ASU's undergraduate degree programs. For details, see https://admission.asu.edu/international/undergrad-apply
Start - October 11, 2020
End - December 11, 2020