Full course description
What you'll learn:
- To create and deliver academic presentations
- To incorporate information from outside sources into your own work
- To take notes from authentic university lectures
- To discuss topics, including your field of study
- To adhere to standards of academic integrity
- To develop and present complex ideas in written form
What you'll do:
- Listen to academic lectures on interesting topics.
- Engage with academic texts.
- Write academic papers, using evidence to support your ideas.
- Give interesting and engaging presentations.
- Summarize, paraphrase and synthesize information.
- Create a portfolio of academic work.
Who is this course designed for:
Advanced English-language learners who can communicate fluently with native English speakers
What you'll receive:
Students will receive proof of English proficiency for admission to select ASU graduate degree programs. For details, see https://admission.asu.edu/international/graduate-apply
Start - October 11, 2020
End - December 11, 2020