Full course description
What you'll learn:
Advanced language skills:
- Connecting contrasting ideas
- Identifying bias
- Making inferences
- Hedging in academic language
- Synthesizing information from sources
What you'll do:
- Create an emotional appeal to persuade others to agree with your ideas.
- Evaluate sources for credibility.
- Paraphrase, summarize and synthesize academic sources.
- Provide evidence to support your ideas and claims.
- Make logical inferences and check for good use of logic in other's work.
- Listen to lectures and interviews about interesting academic topics.
- Practice pronunciation of tricky English sounds through helpful videos.
Who this course is designed for:
This course is for advanced learners of the English language (C1 on the CEFR scale).
What you'll receive:
Learners will receive an ASU certificate for successful completion of the course.