Full program description
What you'll learn
Clinicians will learn current best practices for identifying and treating patients with substance use related problems.
- Understand best practice for screening patients to identify substance use problems
- Determine appropriate treatment decisions for patients based on identified substance use and other clinical factors
- Understand best practice for safe prescribing of opioids and management of opioid use disorder
- Explain the role of equity and chronic disease management in addressing substance use problems
What you'll do:
Clinicians will complete all 12 modules on addiction medicine or choose between the following:
- Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) Pregnancy
- General OUD
- Urine Drug Screening
- Taking a Substance Use History
- Safe Prescribing of Opioids
- Tobacco Use Disorder
- Inpatient Management of OUD
- Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD)
- Inpatient Management of AUD
- Addiction as a Chronic Disease
- Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment
Who this course is designed for:
Clinicians, healthcare workers, healthcare managers
What you'll receive:
Upon successfully completing the course the participant will be able to claim their CME (12.0 credits).
Meet the instructors
Randi Sokol,MD, MPH, MMedED - Assistant Professor
Randi Sokol, MD, MPH, MMedEd, is an Assistant Professor at the Tufts Family Medicine Residency Program and Instructor at Harvard Medical School. She is Board Certified in both Family Medicine and Addiction Medicine. She earned her B.A. at the University of Pennsylvania, her Medical Degree and Masters in Public Health from Tulane University, completed Family Medicine Residency at UC-Davis, and earned a Masters in Medical Education through the University of Dundee.
Matt Martin, PhD, LMFT - Clinical Assistant Professor
Matt Martin, PhD, LMFT, is Clinical Assistant Professor in the Doctor of Behavioral Health Program at Arizona State University where he teaches courses on healthcare quality improvement, substance use prevention, behavioral health integration, and motivational interviewing.