Full course description
What you'll learn:
Participants will gain knowledge and skills to become competent in aspects of performance improvement, specifically LEAN principles and Six Sigma in preparation for the Green Belt Certification.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Describe the health care operations in various health care delivery sites such as outpatient, inpatient acute care and ambulatory care clinics
2. Describe the various departments in a hospital, their operations and interactions with other departments.
3. Create flow charts to characterize hospital and clinic operations for analysis to ultimately redesign health care process to create best practices.
4. Initiate improvement initiatives customized to the site’s individual needs.
5. Practice Lean Six Sigma tools such as Pareto diagrams, fishbone diagrams, data collection techniques, measurement tools and statistical process control.
6. Utilize Lean Six Sigma tools and apply them in a health care delivery site.
7. Perform an existing simulation model to identify operational improvements.
8. Successfully pass the end of the course Lean Six Sigma Green certification examination.
Who is this course designed for:
- Health care providers (Physician, NP/PA, Pharmacist, RN, RT, PT/OT)
- Health care administrators
- Administrators transitioning to health care industry
- Health care industry (pharma, insurance, biomedical device)
What you'll receive
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate from ASU College of Health Solutions AND Digital Badge Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 602-496-1950 for questions.