Full course description
What you'll learn:
ASU Startup School is a comprehensive and proven framework for developing ventures. Startup School is a series of facilitated workshops wherein entrepreneurs learn what they need to do in order to develop a successful venture.
Stage 1 of ASU Startup School is a valuable opportunity for all types of entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial thinkers to advance their ideas into sustainable ventures, including small businesses, social enterprises, high-tech startups, corporate innovators, and community organizers.
Our goal is to help entrepreneurs find their path to delivering and capturing value.
- Adopt and practice an entrepreneurial mindset. An entrepreneurial mindset is characterized by a positive attitude and outlook regarding the following activities:
- Handling ambiguity and new situations
- Focusing on serving end-users
- Being dedicated and persistent
- Analyzing opportunities and risk
- Trying new things and failing
- Problem-solving and viewing problems as opportunities
- Building relationships
- Being a leader
- Being a team member
- Understand, apply, and synthesize entrepreneurship terminology and the various components of the entrepreneurial process and mindset.
- Understand how to access and leverage resources available at Arizona State University and the broader community that may be used to support startup creation.
- Create a successful startup of any form (nonprofit organization, for-profit business, small business, technology startup, social enterprise, etc.) using knowledge and resources learned in Startup School.
- Create solutions to real-life problems by synthesizing new and existing information and resources using the entrepreneurial process and mindset.
Who is this course designed for: