Social Diversity in the Workplace - Alumni
Sorry! The enrollment period is currently closed. Please check back soon.
Full course description
Learn how to develop and manage diverse workplaces
Hiring and managing a diverse workforce provides a number of competitive advantages. This course will help you learn how to build a diverse team that works collaboratively and respectfully with each other.
Key takeaways and understandings from the course include:
- How different cultures impact the workplace.
- How gender impacts communication in the workplace.
- How to define diversity and discuss its influence on the workplace.
- Strategies for creating a functional workplace by combating biases.
- Strategies for talking to individuals from a different generation.
- The impact of disabilities in the workplace.
Why is social diversity in the workplace important?
It's imperative for businesses to cultivate diversity and an inclusive culture. Both consumers and employees expect businesses to take a stand on and be transparent in their performance relative to social diversity issues.
Employee diversity can also provide a competitive advantage:
- A diverse workplace leverages a cross-cultural awareness to identify opportunities and avoid blind spots.
- Diversity improves an organization's brand and, therefore, their ability to recruit and retain top talent.
Who this class is for:
This course is designed for professionals who are looking to diversity their workplaces, and understand the benefits and overcome the challenges of managing socially diverse workforces.
What you'll earn
You’ll earn a certificate of completion stating the title of the course, date and the institution.
Meet the instructor
Brent Scholar, PhD
Dr. Brent Scholar is an instructor in the faculty of leadership and interdisciplinary studies at ASU. He is an experienced higher education professional. He’s also the principal of Scholar Consulting since 2009, providing international leadership consulting and training for both nonprofit and for profit organizations.