Resource Utilization - Alumni
Sorry! The enrollment period is currently closed. Please check back soon.
Full course description
ASU Continuing and Professional Education is an educational provider for the Project Management Institute.
This course is available to ASU Alumni at a discount.
What you'll learn:
Effective resource planning is an essential task for all projects. The Resource Utilization course will uncover the best approaches to incorporating resource planning into the project plan and schedule. The consideration of resources adds another dimension to planning and scheduling your project, and it is necessary to estimate the types and quantities of resources required to perform each activity. You’ll learn how to create a Resource Requirements Plan that helps illustrate the expected resource utilization.
Concepts in this course support the following Project Management Knowledge Areas of the PMI Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide):
- Project Resource Management
- Project Schedule Management
This course is based on the PMBOK 6th edition, and may not fully prepare learners for the revised PMP exam. However, this course still qualifies for PDU's for any existing PMP to maintain their PMI certification.
Module and Content:
Students will view a video that explains how to manage resources for a project. They will also have an opportunity to explore some specific features of Microsoft Project 2016*, a project management software system, by viewing tutorial videos and assessments.
* If students would like to complete the steps as outlined in the tutorials, they will need Microsoft Project 2016 and the accompanying file(s) from the course to practice the processes shown in the videos.
- Describe resource-constrained planning--a situation that needs to be addressed when resources are limited and demand for them is high.
- Identify resource planning, not only what resources are needed, but also how much for the time periods of activities in a project schedule.
- Describe the aspects of resource leveling--an important technique for maximizing available resources.
- Describe resource-limited scheduling, which is an essential task when resources are not only limited, but actually fixed.
Please contact email@example.com or call 1.844.353.7856 with any questions.
Meet the instructor
Erica Buschatzke holds a Master of Public Health Practice. She earned her MPH studying the relationship between continuing education and health education. Today, she spends her days managing multiple projects for the Faculty of Leadership and Interdisciplinary Studies and specializes in multiple forms of Project Management.