Full course description
ASU Continuing and Professional Education is an educational provider for the Project Management Institute.
This course is available to ASU Alumni at a discount.
What you'll learn:
A critical element for the success of a project is developing a project schedule. In the Developing the Schedule course, you’ll explore the processes and procedures used to plan and develop the project schedule. Keeping projects on schedule requires continuous monitoring and controlling the progress of the project, replanning, and updating the project timeline. If a project gets too far behind, it can be extremely challenging to get back on track. This course will explore all these instances and topics.
Concepts in this course support the following Project Management Knowledge Areas of the PMI Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide):
- Project Integration Management
- Project Resource Management
- Project Schedule Management
Module and Content:
Students will view a video that features an expert explaining best practices for developing and executing a project schedule. They will also have an opportunity to explore some specific features of Microsoft Project 2016*, a project management software system, by viewing tutorial videos and assessments.
* If students would like to complete the steps as outlined in the tutorials, they will need Microsoft Project 2016 and the accompanying file(s) from the course to practice the processes shown in the videos.
- Determine the resource requirements for a project (e.g. the types and amount of equipment, people, and materials that will be needed to complete a project).
- Determine activity duration--that is, how long will each part of the project take, based on the quantity of resources required?
- Prepare the project schedule using a timetable that shows the earliest and latest times that an activity can start and end to meet a completion date.
- Describe what is meant by ‘agile project management’.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.844.353.7856 with any questions.
Meet the instructor
Erica Buschatzke holds a Master of Public Health Practice. She earned her MPH studying the relationship between continuing education and health education. Today, she spends her days managing multiple projects for the Faculty of Leadership and Interdisciplinary Studies and specializes in multiple forms of Project Management.