Full course description
This program is available to ASU Alumni at a discount.
What you'll learn:
Why does Anheuser-Busch pay millions of dollars for a 30-second television ad during the Super Bowl? Why does Verizon Wireless put its name on concert venues and amphitheaters around the country? Think about these examples and how appropriate the strategy is to the target market: Football and beer are a natural fit. Who goes to concerts? The same people who have the heaviest cellular phone usage—teenagers and young adults.
We call this the “marketing mix,” and in this course you will explore how companies determine the right amount of mix that, although maybe costly, support a marketing strategy that will give them the highest return on their marketing dollars and reach their target customers most effectively.
Note: This course is not facilitated by an instructor, therefore no one is monitoring activity in the course. If you have a question or need help as you progress, please refer to the help section within the course.
In this course, you will learn to:
- Explain common product marketing strategies and how organizations use them to sell their products and services.
- Explain the elements and benefits of branding, describing common branding strategies.
- Describe marketing considerations over a product’s life cycle.
- Describe pricing strategies and their various advantages and disadvantages.
- Explain how organizations use integrated marketing communication (IMC) to support their marketing strategies.
Who this course is designed for:
Anyone in business who wants a better understanding of marketing strategy and how customer profiles drive specific marketing activities.
What you'll receive:
A Certificate of Completion
Meet the instructor
Elizabeth Castillo, PhD
Elizabeth A. Castillo is an Assistant Professor of Leadership and Interdisciplinary Studies at Arizona State University. She earned a Ph.D. in Leadership Studies at the University of San Diego after a 20-year career managing social enterprise organizations. She is an avid hiker and nature photographer. Connect with her on Twitter at @eac_asu